Saturday, May 23, 2009

Why did I interested to learn Brazilian Portuguese ?


I gotta tell a story about the reasons I take Portuguese as the second foreign language (the first is English) that I want to learn it a lot.

I remember when I was 8 years old, my mom loved to watch a Brazilian soap opera (we called it “telenovela”) which played in our national television broadcast, Escrava Isaura. The music intro was a traditional Brazilian choir (or I think so :D) and it’s really interesting ! The telenovela played in late night so my mom really straight not allowed me to watch it, but then she let me wake just to listen the music intro and watch the drama for a minutes…lol. For my young age, the drama is quite easy to understand because it has dubbed into Indonesian, but I don’t understand with the story, hahaha. The point was, I capture that Brazil is a nice country, after my mom told me the story of every episodes of Escrava Isaura.
When I was 13, I bet Brazil won the World Cup ’94. And it’s true…yeahh !! I got really enthusiac when I listen to the Brazilian anthem. Because I grow older my mom let me to watch another Brazilian soap opera (lol). I captured many many things about Brazil during that time. And my interest about Brazil began….

I might late to learn Brazilian Portuguese. I start to learn it last year, by myself. It’s difficult to find a Portuguese language course here and all books and dictionaries related to it. So I got many reading materials from internet and imported books, and…to sing the whole complete parts of Hino Nacional Brasiliero ( I think I’ve fluent enough to sing it now ;) ).

The most thing that inspiring me to learn the language and the culture of Brazil was a metal band called Angra. I just can’t write any comments about this band, about how come they inspiring me, how they’ve changed my mind and to be more open mind to anything. And of course, I got several nice friends that live in Brazil. One thing that I can say now is : MUITA OBRIGADAAAAA, Angra !!!!


You rule \m/

1 comment:

  1. Well written my friend.I'm also a big fan of Angra, Kiko is great. I wish u luck with your Portuguese studies.

    ReplyDelete